My love-hate relationship with Forever 21 has been around since I was 16. I am ashamed to say it, but I’m no longer 21, and I still stop at F21. I’m a little addicted, but mainly I’m a graduate student who wants to look cute.
I have a couple of issues with F21:
- The dresses or skirts are usually TOO short
- Sometimes the styles are TOO tight for regular proportions
- The styles are TOO young.
- The accessories are cheap (ridiculously prone to breaking)
- The Fabric is cheap, hence rips easily or does not look the same after a wash.
The PROS however:
- I get to try trends, before I decide to splurge and deem it as a BASIC or STAPLE
- I can get essentials ridiculously cheaply (White, Nude and Black tank top each run around or under $3.00)
- Sometimes you really do only wear a dress once.
- Sometimes you can find great designer knockoffs (like a Henri Bendel bangle)
Here are my top three favorite items: