I often have this discussion amongst my friends. I think this is an excellent perspective, and really highlights my own views on CHOICE, CLOTHING & FEMINISM.
I went to LOS LOROS for lunch today & I ABSOLUTELY HATED IT. The food & service were horrendous. I know I have previously stated that I’m a tough critic, but seriously, I have never felt the need to blog about a horrible food experience, like I feel the need to do it today. An awesome example of how bad the service was/is: I asked the waiter for a straw, the waiter NEVER came back, so we NEVER got straws, but then I had to walk through this construction area to get to the bar to asks for straws, since the hostess was on the phone yapping with a friend– when I told the other waiter/construction-man, he gave me the box of straws & implied I, myself, should TAKE OUT THE STRAWS I NEEDED. So incredibly rude. The service was HORRIBLE. The place was gross, to a point where I questioned whether the food was sanitary. Also, when I used the restrooms there were NO PAPER TOWELS OR AIR DRYER AVAILABLE!
I think this place needs to somehow get on the show RESTAURANT IMPOSSIBLE!
I unfortunately will NOT be updating as frequently as I would like for the next two and half weeks, but I promise, after law school finals, I will be UPDATING everyday! By watching this video you will understand my pain.
Also, I’ll be working for an Entertainment Lawyer this summer! If you need to set up talent contracts, or contracts pertaining to your website, your services, or acquiring other services etc., please feel free to contact me at TheSocialiteFashion@gmail.com I will try and put you in contact with the partner I will be working under!
One of my girlfriends JUST purchased the Clarisonic after reading about it on here! Prior to purchasing it, she called, sounding confused, about whether to purchase the Mia, or the full/regular Clarisonic. I suddenly realized I made a grave mistake about not telling you how I came to the conclusion to get the REGULAR Clarisonic versus (vs.) the Mia.
Why I bought the Regular Clarisonic:
- There are more settings in the regular Clarisonic then on the Mia.
- You have the ability to use the body brush (the Mia is suppose to only be used on your face)
- The Mia is cheaper in price, but only by $60-$80.
- When you buy the regular Clarisonic you get a body brush which is around $20. (So really the Mia is only ($40-$60 cheaper)
- I ACTUALLY use the body brush, since it is great for ingrown hairs and expoliating your skin. I have grown up with back and shoulder acne (bacne), and I actually believe that by using the body brush (the body brush setting allows you to use the brush in different speed settings, without a timer and pulsates) helped with my bacne in conjunction with a salicylic acid body wash.
Reasons Why I’m happy I did not get the Mia :
- If I’m already spending the money, why not spend alittle bit more to get ALL of the benefits?
- I want settings that I can alternate between and play with & you’ll notice that the first setting maybe to LIGHT for your skin, or not as effective as the other settings. Sometimes I will use different settings for different parts of my face.
- You could use the Mia on your body, but then it will AUTOMATICALLY shut off after two minutes & you’ll have to turn it back on (and you will obviously need to buy another brush, since using the sane brush on your body and face sounds gross.
Here is the link to my previous post about my experience with the regular Clarisonic.
One of my favorite law school videos. More to come!
Life as a graduate student means putting in the hours all day- everyday, even the weekend while you’re visiting your best friend. The outfit featured here consists of: Green Studded Pants from H&M ($39), GAP Jean Jacket ($30) , White sheer shirt from Marshalls ($10 or $14), Steve Madden Sandals ($30 Summer 2012), Ralph Lauren Aviators from Century 21 ($30) & MK watch.
The girl to the left is wearing:
Forever 21 Eyelet Dress ($30) and Statement Necklace ($12). Black Nine West kitten heels ($60), Black Forever 21 purse ($22-30 -I think. Also, I love this purse. it’s so versatile & spacious, but at the same time SMALL!) I wore a light Banana Republic jacket ($55).
The girl to the right is wearing a Forever 21 dress, Pearl earrings, Nude suede Aldo Shoes ($30) & a Tory Burch messenger bag!
More Details and Ideas:
I purchased the white dress to wear to an Easter brunch, unfortunately, this year I had no time to attend an Easter brunch, but I did get to wear the white dress to meet my friends parents for dinner on Easter weekend Saturday. The dress came with an orange/brown hue belt, I decided to replace that belt with a skinny black belt, and wore it with a light black cardigan, black flats & black purse. The dress was a hit! I just posted this picture on Instagram and my friends commented saying how much they loved the dress.
When I wore this dress out for Tapas and Drinks I decided to NOT wear a belt, and instead sport a statement necklace (since you can only do one thing at a time, or else it looks like WAY too much is going on). Again, same dress different presentation and still a hit! When I went to another bar some of the patrons actually thought I came from a wedding (so, I guess this means maybe I can sneak in the dress to a spring wedding)!
This weekend I went to a campus Kendrick Lamar Concert. I thought I would do a ROUGH outfit of the day. The girl in the middle (me) is wearing a black lace top and a black bandeau, with a black blazer, black pleather leggings, kitten gold wedges, & a statement necklace.
The girl to the right is wearing a mint top, with pleather leggings & chunky wedges.
I did NOT enjoy the concert. Kendrick was great, but unfortunately the crowd was mainly college kids, who unfortunately pre-gamed WAY to hard! My friends and I were crammed together, uncomfortable, and in the midst of a mosh pit. I had NO control over which direction my body went and holding my ground seemed impossible. It was so crammed, and there were so many people, that I took OFF my statement necklace for fear of accidentally being strangled by it.
My girlfriend in the mint, LOST her phone! She thinks she may have dropped it, and the tragic part is, there was ABSOLUTELY no way to pick it up if dropped due to the sheer amount of people at the event.
WHAT SHOULD YOU WEAR TO AN EVENT LIKE THIS:
- COMFORTABLE HEELS!
- Jewelry that will not potentially STRANGLE you!
- a LIGHT jacket (it was cold walking to and from the event, but hot in the middle of mosh pit)
- Shorts, Jeans, leggings. DEFINITELY NOT a dress or skirt. The sheer amount of people means that everyone will be in your personal space. Don’t wear a dress/shirt They’re to easy to accidentally slide up, weird people could violate you by putting a phone underneath your dress (this is HORRIBLE- and true story: one year when I went to a UNC halloween street party on Franklin Street, I saw drunk girls with their short costumes on, and I also saw sleazy guys, taking pictures up their dress as they walked by!)
If you do wear a dress or skirt, do NOT plan on entering the mosh pit! Watch the concert from a comfortable place. A place where you’re NOT BEING shoved and pushed around!
(This is the SPRING facial hair remover. You can purchase it for $1.83 by this Amazon seller)
My friends would definitely qualify me as a TOUGH critic, seeing as I am always looking for pros AND cons when I buy a product. Hopefully, I can find more pros, than I can cons, and if I do, I usually tell all my girlfriends about the product, and they usually end up buying it one by one (I think I should get commission).
The SPRING Facial hair remover is one of the best products I have purchased under $5. It has saved me hundreds of dollars. I use to spend $5 every other week getting my upper lip hair threaded. I know going to get it threaded seems excessive, but waxing my upper lip hair was turning into a horrible idea, since I was taking off my upper lip SKIN! After numerous encounters with my skin coming off or being irritated, I decided that threading would be my only option (plucking was an option, just NOT that realistic).
I luckily heard about this product on the Today Show, and decided to conduct my own due diligence, and I heard some good reviews about it, so I decided to check it out! Thank God, I did because I love it! It saves me $, time, & gas. I can do it whenever I am free, and at my own convenience, and I can thread my upper lip hair twice a week, once a week or every other week incurring NO additional costs!
As I stated before, I am ALWAYS looking for cons (here they are):
- You need to clean the spring after each use or each other use, or you will break out!
- Mine rusted after sometime (I have yet to replace it, but I think I should do that soon)
- It hurt (but so does regular threading)
Tips on using it:
- Use the SPRING after showering, it hurts less!
- Wash your face after using the spring, and then use toner!
- If you’re confused about the turning technique, then check out a youtube video!
I hope you decide to give this product a try. It is cheaper than a latte at Starbucks, and could end up saving you way more than you expected.
P.S. Here is an easy video on how to use it:
There is a lot going on in my life at the moment. I have finals to prepare for, personal issues consuming my thoughts, a condo that needs to be organized, and a kitchen that needs to be stocked.
Unlike the pleasant Atlanta weather, my life is not so pleasant at the moment. I have had two weeks to reflect on certain circumstances and I have come to the conclusion that: I could be a pessimist, or I can be an optimist, the choice is MINE. I choose to be an optimist, because the bright side, allows me to be more useful with my time, helps me get back on track, puts me in a pleasant mood, and allows me to project my happiness in others, which in turn, allows them to project their happiness upon me.
I cannot hide from my issues, or push my issues under a rug, but I can delegate the mental stress I devote to each issue and the order I decide to stress about each particular issue. So for example, my second year final exams are my first priorities. Second, When I get spare time, I should go grocery shopping, stock my fridge. Third, I need clean my apartment. I do not need to do an IMPECCABLE job, but I do need to clear the sink, wipe down my counters. After attacking these issues, and after my exams are over, I will stress about issues that will affect my mood & things that if dealt with right now, would cause me to devote less than 100% towards studying for my exams. After my exams are done, I will tackle them, surfacing/dealing with them now, will seriously just be a waste of time, and could potentially jeopardize my ability to perform well on my finals.
I hope you are not dealing with anything to serious, but if you are — remember choose to be an optimist. Delegate your time accordingly. Only love those that love you, and try to put on a fake smile, even if you feel like this is the WORST DAY EVER. It will get better, and smiling is the first step — I promise.