I often have this discussion amongst my friends. I think this is an excellent perspective, and really highlights my own views on CHOICE, CLOTHING & FEMINISM.
I went to LOS LOROS for lunch today & I ABSOLUTELY HATED IT. The food & service were horrendous. I know I have previously stated that I’m a tough critic, but seriously, I have never felt the need to blog about a horrible food experience, like I feel the need to do it today. An awesome example of how bad the service was/is: I asked the waiter for a straw, the waiter NEVER came back, so we NEVER got straws, but then I had to walk through this construction area to get to the bar to asks for straws, since the hostess was on the phone yapping with a friend– when I told the other waiter/construction-man, he gave me the box of straws & implied I, myself, should TAKE OUT THE STRAWS I NEEDED. So incredibly rude. The service was HORRIBLE. The place was gross, to a point where I questioned whether the food was sanitary. Also, when I used the restrooms there were NO PAPER TOWELS OR AIR DRYER AVAILABLE!
I think this place needs to somehow get on the show RESTAURANT IMPOSSIBLE!
I unfortunately will NOT be updating as frequently as I would like for the next two and half weeks, but I promise, after law school finals, I will be UPDATING everyday! By watching this video you will understand my pain.
Also, I’ll be working for an Entertainment Lawyer this summer! If you need to set up talent contracts, or contracts pertaining to your website, your services, or acquiring other services etc., please feel free to contact me at TheSocialiteFashion@gmail.com I will try and put you in contact with the partner I will be working under!
One of my girlfriends JUST purchased the Clarisonic after reading about it on here! Prior to purchasing it, she called, sounding confused, about whether to purchase the Mia, or the full/regular Clarisonic. I suddenly realized I made a grave mistake about not telling you how I came to the conclusion to get the REGULAR Clarisonic versus (vs.) the Mia.
Why I bought the Regular Clarisonic:
- There are more settings in the regular Clarisonic then on the Mia.
- You have the ability to use the body brush (the Mia is suppose to only be used on your face)
- The Mia is cheaper in price, but only by $60-$80.
- When you buy the regular Clarisonic you get a body brush which is around $20. (So really the Mia is only ($40-$60 cheaper)
- I ACTUALLY use the body brush, since it is great for ingrown hairs and expoliating your skin. I have grown up with back and shoulder acne (bacne), and I actually believe that by using the body brush (the body brush setting allows you to use the brush in different speed settings, without a timer and pulsates) helped with my bacne in conjunction with a salicylic acid body wash.
Reasons Why I’m happy I did not get the Mia :
- If I’m already spending the money, why not spend alittle bit more to get ALL of the benefits?
- I want settings that I can alternate between and play with & you’ll notice that the first setting maybe to LIGHT for your skin, or not as effective as the other settings. Sometimes I will use different settings for different parts of my face.
- You could use the Mia on your body, but then it will AUTOMATICALLY shut off after two minutes & you’ll have to turn it back on (and you will obviously need to buy another brush, since using the sane brush on your body and face sounds gross.
Here is the link to my previous post about my experience with the regular Clarisonic.
One of my favorite law school videos. More to come!
Life as a graduate student means putting in the hours all day- everyday, even the weekend while you’re visiting your best friend. The outfit featured here consists of: Green Studded Pants from H&M ($39), GAP Jean Jacket ($30) , White sheer shirt from Marshalls ($10 or $14), Steve Madden Sandals ($30 Summer 2012), Ralph Lauren Aviators from Century 21 ($30) & MK watch.
The girl to the left is wearing:
Forever 21 Eyelet Dress ($30) and Statement Necklace ($12). Black Nine West kitten heels ($60), Black Forever 21 purse ($22-30 -I think. Also, I love this purse. it’s so versatile & spacious, but at the same time SMALL!) I wore a light Banana Republic jacket ($55).
The girl to the right is wearing a Forever 21 dress, Pearl earrings, Nude suede Aldo Shoes ($30) & a Tory Burch messenger bag!
More Details and Ideas:
I purchased the white dress to wear to an Easter brunch, unfortunately, this year I had no time to attend an Easter brunch, but I did get to wear the white dress to meet my friends parents for dinner on Easter weekend Saturday. The dress came with an orange/brown hue belt, I decided to replace that belt with a skinny black belt, and wore it with a light black cardigan, black flats & black purse. The dress was a hit! I just posted this picture on Instagram and my friends commented saying how much they loved the dress.
When I wore this dress out for Tapas and Drinks I decided to NOT wear a belt, and instead sport a statement necklace (since you can only do one thing at a time, or else it looks like WAY too much is going on). Again, same dress different presentation and still a hit! When I went to another bar some of the patrons actually thought I came from a wedding (so, I guess this means maybe I can sneak in the dress to a spring wedding)!