One of my girlfriends JUST purchased the Clarisonic after reading about it on here! Prior to purchasing it, she called, sounding confused, about whether to purchase the Mia, or the full/regular Clarisonic. I suddenly realized I made a grave mistake about not telling you how I came to the conclusion to get the REGULAR Clarisonic versus (vs.) the Mia.
Why I bought the Regular Clarisonic:
- There are more settings in the regular Clarisonic then on the Mia.
- You have the ability to use the body brush (the Mia is suppose to only be used on your face)
- The Mia is cheaper in price, but only by $60-$80.
- When you buy the regular Clarisonic you get a body brush which is around $20. (So really the Mia is only ($40-$60 cheaper)
- I ACTUALLY use the body brush, since it is great for ingrown hairs and expoliating your skin. I have grown up with back and shoulder acne (bacne), and I actually believe that by using the body brush (the body brush setting allows you to use the brush in different speed settings, without a timer and pulsates) helped with my bacne in conjunction with a salicylic acid body wash.
Reasons Why I’m happy I did not get the Mia :
- If I’m already spending the money, why not spend alittle bit more to get ALL of the benefits?
- I want settings that I can alternate between and play with & you’ll notice that the first setting maybe to LIGHT for your skin, or not as effective as the other settings. Sometimes I will use different settings for different parts of my face.
- You could use the Mia on your body, but then it will AUTOMATICALLY shut off after two minutes & you’ll have to turn it back on (and you will obviously need to buy another brush, since using the sane brush on your body and face sounds gross.
Here is the link to my previous post about my experience with the regular Clarisonic.