Lately at work I have been dealing with the issue of COPYRIGHTING images. This daunting task, is actually FAIRLY SIMPLE. I’m going to break it down for you—so get excited people!!!
- Take an original picture
- Read the instructions on the linked form below — it tells you EXACTLY how to fill it out!
- Fill out this form: http://www.copyright.gov/forms/formva.pdf
- Mail in the FORM w/ a $65 check! or FILE IT ONLINE!
If you have MULTIPLE pictures you’d like to copyright them but do not want to pay the fee for each picture then:
- For the title portion fill in “John Doe’s Collection of Animal Photography Volume 1”
- Under pervious names, name each photograph like “Zebra”, “Zebra in love”, etc.,
- Attach the image, if you’re sending it online (jpeg)
- Fill out the rest of the form the same way!
P.S. I am NOT lawyer, nor do I hold myself out to be one. I am just an overly excited law student who loves fashion, food, mainstream culture, Islam, family and friends!