A quick lunch is up my alley. The other day I made spaghetti with meat(less)balls. I thought I’d share my recipe, since I’m currently obsessed with it!
- Parmesan cheese (I used the Kraft brand reduced fat parmesan)
- Garlic powder
- 1/2 of a small red onion (diced or minced)
- Ragu: sautéed onions and garlic pasta sauce
- Olive oil
- Salt/pepper to taste
- Red Crushed peppers (I am indian after all)
- Morningstar Meatballs
I honestly don’t have strict measurements, I eyeball the ingredients and sauce. When eyeballing just remember you can always ADD more salt, peppers, sauce or red chili flakes, but you can’t reduce it once you’ve put it in (so be conservative, while you’re trying to figure out the proportions you like)!
I made this dish for one.
- Pre-heat the oven for the Morningstar Meatballs (cook according to directions)
- I boiled with oil and salt about 1/4 or 1/6 of a package of spaghetti (cook according to directions)
- After the spaghetti cooked, I drained the pasta and just left it in the strainer. In order to not wash a million pots and pans, I used the boiling post and put some olive oil it in
- Keep the stove on medium heat
- Then I added the minced red onions once they were a little translucent, I added spinach (healthy addition)
- While the spinach was wilting I threw in some salt, peppers, garlic powder and chili flakes.
- Mix the ingredients, and after a minute, add the Ragu sauce. I like my pasta saucy so i used 1/3 of the sauce. When the sauce is hot and you see a bubble turn the heat to LOW.
- The meatballs should be done by now!
- Throw the meatballs in
- Throw the spaghetti in
- Give it a nice twirl and serve
- Garnish with parmesan
Tell me what you think!