One of my friends loves schnitzel, so this past Thursday and I told him to pop on by for a quick dinner — and guess what I made? Jaeger Schnitzel.
Ladies and Lovers — if you’re having family over, cooking for a best friend or a date and you’re not very good at cooking this is A GREAT recipe for you! It seriously takes 15 mins from start to finish, and if you don’t have time to marinate just fire up the pan & cook away!
- Package of sliced mushrooms (you can slice them yourself if you want)
- olive oil
- half spoon of butter
- one large egg
- italian bread crumbs
- parmesan cheese
- two chicken breasts
- red chili flakes
- garlic powder
- light brown gravy mix
- mashed potatoes (i cheated and bought the kind that you heat up)
HOW TO DO IT:
- sauté the mushrooms in olive oil on low heat and make sure each slice of the mushroom is directly touching the pan (do this until you see that they’re soft and tender – low heat)
- make the gravy mix according to the packet
- heat or make mashed potatoes
- THE FUN PART: take on chicken breast and put it between two big pieces of parchment paper and flatten it out using a a pan or use a rolling pin, get it SUPER thin!
- then take out to plates
- on the first place just break an egg and whisk it
- on the second plate take all of your dry ingredients and mix it. use half a spoon of the chili flakes and garlic powder (you can skip this if you want) but you definitely need to mix the bread crumbs and parm!
- Pat dry the breast, then dip it in the egg wash, and then drench it in the bread crumb mixture
- make sure your pan is medium hot and warm olive oil (enough oil to coat the pan and place the half teaspoon of butter) once melted put one of your chicken breasts in the pan and pan fry away (should take 3 mins on each side)
- after your done pan frying it just assemble everything on to a plate
I promise— you can muck up this recipe, the only way you could do that is by burning the chicken or any of the ingredients — and hopefully you’ll love this recipe as much as I did!