Have you been to Cafe Alsace? I recently went there and I ordered the lunch special, which was a crepe filled with lamb, feta and grains(?) with a side of a mushroom (cream based) soup. Yum.
I enjoyed my meal (not the best meal — but still yummy) and I loved the soup (I’m a sucker for soups).
- hole in the wall joint
- perfect for lunch
- owner had pretty blue eyes, was polite and nice (also has an accent- LOVE)
- one person working the room.
- had to wait a considerable amount of time until my glass was refilled w/water
- did not inquire about what I wanted to drink
What should you wear when dining for lunch:
- don’t wear your gym clothes
- don’t need to dress up
- don’t wear stilettos
- midtown attire would look odd here!
- sun dress, business casual, or school clothes
Venue great for:
- first casual date
- cheese platter with girlfriends
- latte’s with mom or dad