The holidays are here! I love getting people gifts that I know they’ll love, gifts they need, and gifts that will make their life a little easier. If you’re looking for the perfect gift for your girlfriend there is one key rule: BE ROMANTIC.
Being practical is great, and you can definitely get her something practical while being romantic at the same time:
- Jewelry. Doesn’t have to be real or expensive –adding a personalized touch will definitely add sentimental and romantic points! http://www.etsy.com has some great items that are incredibly affordable and will “WOW” her and maybe even drop a few tears of happiness!
- Holiday Pack. You could put something practical in this holiday pack, and make it sentimental by adding a mug with pictures of you two (www.snapfish.com)
- Practical items. Does your GF hate shaving, get her a laser hair treatment package long with flowers and pictures of you both, or bake her something!
- Plan A Special Night. This goes along with the practical gift, if you’re going to get her something practical make it a little romantic by cooking her dinner & lighting a few candles, bring some flowers along, or a sweet treat!
- Personalized anything. Personalized gifts are by far my favorite — if you get her something, or if you have to mail her something, personalize it — it’s such a small detail that will really make her feel incredibly special.
- Goes with Jewelry: A watch. You can personalize this, and she will actually use/wear it most days — if she needs it and likes it!
- Purse. Do you know that your GF wants a specific purse? If so, get it and stuff it with candy and other goodies or just sweet little notes about things you like about her!
- Animals. One of my guy friends JUST told me he was getting his GF a puppy! Omg, how cute! Disclaimer: getting your GF a puppy is symbolic for other reasons — a commitment in the near future is actually going to happen!
- Sweater or Sweatshirt. with a little perfume roller, candles, nice lotions or creams!
- Something that you thought about diligently. I’m sure she will love what ever you pick out. If you put time and effort into it — she will appreciate it. On that note, don’t be lazy — gift cards are okay — but there needs to be something sentimental attached to it! Don’t be that guy. . . . . . .
Good luck & remember the best gifts are not the ones that cost the most,but the ones with the most meaning behind them.