I have been wanting a Beauty Blender for a while. So a year ago, I decided I would buy the $1 knockoff from China — and I was NOT amused. I thought to myself, “Thank God I didn’t buy the real beauty blender. If this knock off is any indication of the real thing, then I just saved myself $25!”
After further review and investigation via YouTube, I discovered that there are REAL differences between the knockoffs and the real deal.
Many months after discovering there was a real difference between my China Blender via Amazon and the real one, I decided to splurge on the real one via Amazon (I ordered the one with two Beauty Blenders, because it ended up being around $10 a piece, as opposed to $15 per blender).
I noticed the difference between my knockoff and the real Beauty Blender almost INSTANTANEOUSLY. Although they may look like twins from the outside, the knockoff isn’t as sponge-y,definitely tougher, and does not expand with water, while the real Beauty Blender has all three of those qualities! Also, the knockoff doesn’t mold as easily to your face or feel soft on your face, compared to the real Beauty Blender.
Instead of writing a long review I’ll change the format into a question-answer type situation:
- Do you like it: YES.
- Was it worth the money: YES. I would prefer that it be cheaper, but there are many more pros than cons. For example, you can’t wash a traditional makeup brush everyday — not realistic, due to the fact that I may need to reapply something — and then I wouldn’t be able to, due to a wet brush. You can wash the Beauty Blender effortlessly, while not impeding your ability to use it post wash.
- Washing it easy: Yes. Just use the cleanser you use to wash your face or body.
- What can you use it for: I use it for my MAC Long Wear foundation & concealer, along with my Kevyn Aucoin Sensual Skin Enhancer.
- Would you buy it again: YES. As stated I really like the ability to clean it — it’s a selling point that should be touted more. There is so much GUNK on our makeup brushes that we just choose to ignore due to our immediate need to apply makeup!
- Any suggestions: I wish I had something cute to dry or store my Beauty Blender in/on. I use the packaging it came with it to dry and store it (I got this idea from the videos posted by Beauty Blender, which recommends using their packaging as a way to dry and store your Beauty Blender).
Do you use the Beauty Blender? Have you used a knockoff that was actually comparable to the Beauty Blender? Do you want to splurge on the real one?
Let me know!