My love for cooking fluctuates. I always love to cook, BUT sometimes my hatred for cleaning trumps my love for it. I’ve been trying to get smart about the process – but it’s hard. Luckily, I have a supportive husband, who usually doesn’t mind cleaning up ( I love you Jho). So this weekend I decided to make the following the recipe I found off of YouTube:
I basically followed her recipe except for a few deviations:
- I used a 1.7lb of chicken breast, which I cut into pieces and marinated overnight.
- Instead of using tomato sauce, I used Trader Joe’s diced tomatoes with chili’s (no salt added I think). I cooked it down and added a splash of water – no more than like 1/4 of a cup of water. After it had cooked down a bit, I cook the mixture and put it in my Magic Bullet, to make it a smooth consistency (did this in two batches).
- Cook it for 2-5 mins and then added chicken, and then the cream.
- I added less than a cup of cream, and for the marinated I added about 1/2 a cup of yogurt too (enough to where everything was coated nicely – I did this because i had a personal serving size of plain yogurt and I wanted to save half of it to make a yogurt sauce to eat on the side called raita).
- Also, read the way this girl makes the recipe in the description, because in the video, I’m not sure it says she adds additional garam masala when she makes the sauce but in the description, it mentions the addition of the additional teaspoon of garam masala!
I honestly took the WORST food pictures — but my husband and I LOVED it ❤ and we are SOOO excited to eat the rest for dinner :).