A week or two ago, I really wanted to make something hearty and creamy, and this was one of the first dishes to cross my mind. I thought I would attempt to make it from scratch. I prepared myself mentally to labor over the stove, until I actually started making it and realized how SIMPLE it was to make. All I can say is: WHY DID I EVER BUY THE STUFF IN THE JAR?
I followed Entertaining With Beth’s Recipe, but I did not add peas and I added chicken and broccoli. I loved the way the chicken turned out and I really enjoyed the broccoli with it as well.
This recipe is INCREDIBLY easy, and can be prepared in 15 minutes.
- 2 Chicken breasts (cut into cubes)
- ½ tbsp of garlic powder
- ½ tbsp of onion powder
- ½ lb (230 g) Fettuccini pasta
- 4 tbsp (60 g) butter
- 1 ½ cups (350 ml) of heavy cream
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- ½ tsp (2.5 ml) salt
- Freshly cracked pepper to taste
- 1 cup (90 g) Parmesan cheese, freshly grated
- 1/3 cup of broccoli florets
- 1 tbsp (15 ml) of freshly chopped flat leaf parsley
- cook fettuccine according to package
- cut the chicken into cubes
- now sprinkle onion powder and garlic powder, with a dash of salt & pepper over the chicken
- once the chicken is cooked, take the chicken cubes out and place them on a plate (you should have a nice amount of better left in the pan)
- on medium heat, in the pan, which has the remaining butter, place the heavy cream in it and let it simmer, until it’s bubbly and thickened
- once you see in the bubbles, add the parmesan cheese and mix it well.
- now add little pieces of fresh broccoli and let it cook until a pretty green
- add chicken and give it a nice stir!
- now add the fettuccine
- top it all off with a little bit of fresh parsley