Have you guys heard the SuperSoul Sunday podcast? It is amazing! I absolutely love it. Every time I listen to it, I leave the conversation thinking, THIS IS WHAT I SHOULD BE DOING: inspiring others (so I naturally had to jump on blog and post something really quickly)!
I absolutely love how inspiring each conversation is, and how recharged I feel professionally and personally when I listen to them.
For example, this past Sunday she had a gentleman named Don Miguel Ángel Ruiz speaking about the Four Agreements, which are as follows:
- Be impeccable with your word. (impeccable with your word towards OTHERS and towards YOURSELF)
- Don’t take anything personally. (Described in more detail below)
- Don’t make assumptions. (OH MAN. THIS IS SO HUGE IN THE PRACTICE OF LAW)
- Always do your best. (I can’t say that I always do my best, sometimes I perform between 60-80%, and its because I feel so LOST, and I want something off of my plate or want to check it off of the list ASAP– and this is something I really need to work on. When I get into the swing of things, I think this is an area I shine in, but in the early days of figuring things out – I’M NOT PROVIDING MY BEST WORK).
Something that really spoke to me was this: “DON’T TAKE ANYTHING PERSONALLY“.
I am a woman, okay a girl, LOL. I often struggle with this concept. I dole it out to others so effortlessly, but when someone is unkind towards me (or I perceive unkindness) I get hung up. It sets me back and I feel this illusion of my world caving in on me. Dramatic, I know.
Lately, I try to think of the worst that could happen — and when I think about the worst or that its a moment that will pass, I feel at peace and I feel incredibly calm & I feel like I just want it to happen, so that we can all move on.
Do you experience this?
Well Don Miguel and Oprah, said two things which I loved:
- There feelings and judgments towards you is a reflection of them, and where they are coming from and their experiences.
- People WILL NOT think like me. The decisions I make are based off of my experiences – and I am the main character in MY story and NOT their story.
- If they talk about me – its because at that particular moment they have nothing better to do.
What are your thoughts?