A week a go a friend texted me about helping her purchase a starter’s kit of makeup! I quickly replied with “YES, WHEN DO YOU WANT TO GO?!”
Long story short her starter kit had the basics (I wish I had taken a picture of it):
- BareMinerals starter collection: foundation, concealer, mineral veil, brightener and brushes!
- Mac Lipstick (nothing bright, or dark – also not nude, but a light subtle berry shade)
- Maybelline Falsies Mascara
- Revlon Eyebrow Pencil with setting gel
- Revlon liquid liner
ITEMS I PURCHASED:
As you know I recently graduated (see last post), I have been dying to try a few beauty products like the Kevin Aucoin Sensual Skin Enhancer & a liquid foundation (I’ve never really tried one before).
I have to say — I loved the Kevin Aucoin Sensual Skin Enhancer in x08. Although the little jar is expensive ($48), everyone on social media has a legitimate point: a little goes a long way. After barley dabbing my brush into the pot, I had enough product to cover my under eyes, nose, forehead, & chin. As I learn to play with it, I will post more pictures of the product, and even maybe a guide on how to use it for first timers.
(I used Kevin Aucoin’s Sensual Skin Enhancer under my eyes, on the bridge of my nose, cupid’s bow and chin. I blended it with a Beauty Blender dupe, which I purchased from Amazon. I have on Mac Pro Long Wear foundation, along with a brown powder for contouring, Blush & Lipstick from BareMinerals and my eye look was created using the BALM)
One other point, I really like the coverage it provides. It’s an full coverage concealer, unlike my MAC prolong concealers (I purchased this as well in NC 42), which are build-able. At the same time, the product is also light. It’s something you’ll have to try out to fully understand.
As far as liquid foundation goes, I decided to go with Mac’s liquid foundation. It is such a trusted brand and a personal favorite — I had to. I did contemplate getting the BareMinerals Liquid Foundation, but I opted not to after reading reviews on it via Sephora.
I purchased some other staples:
- Rimmel’s Scandaleyes Waterproof Kohl Kajal ( it initially bleeds easily, so I would set it with a black eyes shadow. I used this technique in the picture above on me and the girl in the middle — this picture was taken 2 hours into the night!)
- Neutrogena Pore Refining Toner
- Acne Wash Target Brand (It’s a dupe for Neutrogena’s Pink Grapefruit Foaming Scrub)
- Olay Total Effects 7 in one Anti Aging Night Firming Treatment
- False Lashes from Eylure
Okay friends, I’m off! TTYL!