A fun fact about me is that I love sipping on things more than chewing things! I’m not sure why, but I love a yummy drink: carbonated, fresh juice, teas & coffees (I really don’t discriminate).
Lately, one of my favorite morning drinks has been 100% Bolthouse Farms Pomegranate Juice and chia seeds! (I’ve been purchasing Bolthouse over Pom Wonderful due to the price point. I’m sure if the POM Wonderful price point were better – I’d use either/or.)
I bought the Chia Seeds from amazon for $11 – you can find them anywhere though. At night (preferred method) or in the morning (least preferred method) I take a tablespoon or two of the chia seeds ad them let them soak in the pomegranate juice. By the time I wake up or am done getting ready for the morning –I have an awesome health drink ready for me!
The benefits of pomegranate juice are never ending, but here are some of my favorite benefits of drinking it:
- may help stop plaque from building up in blood vessel
- loaded with antioxidants (antioxidants are known to help prevent and repair DNA damage that can lead to cancer)
- A 2005 study on 45 patients with coronary heart disease demonstrated that a daily drink of 238ml (8.4oz) of pomegranate juice administered over three months resulted in improved blood flow to the heart and a lower risk of heart attack
- I’m anemic and the iron content is high in pomegranate juice!
I’m also really loving chia seeds – I’m sure you’ve read a million articles dedicated to these inflatable black seeds that turn all jelly-like, but once again here are my favorite reasons for loving chia seeds:
- one tablespoon of chia seeds have more calcium than a glass of milk, more omega-3s than salmon, and more antioxidants than blueberries
- high in fiber
- may help prevent cardiovascular, neurological and autoimmune diseases
I hope you’re inspired to try the combination tomorrow morning, because it’s something I’ll definitely be enjoying!